U.K. Elite Soccer – Highlights of 2014
2014 was a memorable year for U.K. Elite Soccer. Our first full year under the Steel Sports umbrella saw some tremendous progress on a number of levels.
1. Three Acquisitions: Our acquisition of NOGA (Long Island and Connecticut), PTUSA (Massachusetts) and International Soccer Schools (WA) paved the way for us to bring our soccer services into several new markets and make some great new connections with parents, players and coaches along the way!
2. Summer Camp Expansion: With over 20,000 players on a variety of soccer camps including over 2,500 on residential camps it was our best summer in our 23 year history. We are thrilled to have affected so many young players in such a positive way.
3. Summer Tournaments Teams: We expanded our offering to 6 states and fielded over 70 teams. It was a fantastic experience for the players and an opportunity to sample the quality of training and coaching that we offer year round to so many supportive clubs.
4. Global Team Tournaments: In 2014 we successfully execute 20 soccer tournaments with over 1,200 teams participating. The feedback we received from teams was overwhelmingly positive in all aspects, and a tribute to our Global Team Events staff that worked so hard to create a positive experience for all involved.
5. Global Team Tours: Over 600 players, parents or fans took international soccer tours with us to England, Spain, Italy, China and more. Lifetime memories and friendships were created and a lot of fun had at the tournaments and matches.
6. The Football Club USA: In 2014 we added over 40 teams to our club through developing clubs and welcoming over 30 teams through our acquisition of PTUSA and their excellent “Coastal” club. A huge coup was also the hiring of Gary Lewis, our Director of Coaching, luring him away from his prestigious position as Head of Development Phase at Liverpool Football Club in England.
7. Adidas / Soccer.com: We were thrilled to sign with Adidas, the number one soccer brand in the world, as our uniform sponsor for 2014 and equally thrilled to partner with soccer.com the number one soccer retailer in the world. We truly believe it is a great fit for U.K. Elite Soccer, providing us the opportunity to better service our staff and customers with the best product and procedures!
8. New Website: As you read these observations we will have just launched our brand new, flexible, mobile friendly website. Our goals for 2015 is to make our user experience easier and simpler, allowing our families to stay more connected and take advantage of everything we have to offer.
We are extremely proud of the achievements of our staff – educating the next generation of soccer players in the US. We hope your experience with U.K. Elite Soccer in 2014 has been as memorable for you and your family as it has been for us. We are excited to see you on the field in 2015!